Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Show review, 8/6/19 - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "We can't buy more time because time won't accept our money" - Faith Alone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show review, 8/6/19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show review, 8/6/19
    Posted: 08/07/2019 at 16:08
Saw BR for the first time with the new lineup, 8/6/19 Rochester, NY

Crowd was good, sold out show, good mix of old punks and new punks. First BR show in Rochester since the Suffer tour. 

PROS:
Greg's voice sounded great. I don't know how he does it at his age. He didn't cheat on any of the parts or skip the hard notes. Legendary.

Song selection. Played all the hits, a good selection of new ones, and a few lesser played tunes. The Dichotomy was amazing, I think myself and like 5 other people were the only ones who knew it. Skyscraper, Atomic Garden, Them and Us...all nice to hear. 

Energy was good. Good positive banter between songs, they seemed to be having fun. Missed Hetson's jumping around a bit, but otherwise good energy. 

CONS:

Jamie was slow. I don't mean on a song or two, just overall. It reminded me of when your tape deck or record player motor starts to go and the songs all start to play slower. It wasn't awful but it was noticeable. 

Mike's solo's and leads. They were just...bad. I even caught Baker looking over a couple times with a "wtf?" look on his face. 

Lose Your Head. Not a good live song. Energy killer. 

OVERALL I would give the show a B+. If the new guys get with the program a bit more I think they can still do an A show, which at their age is impressive. 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 16:21
Nice review!
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 16:44
Thanks! 

One positive thing about Jamie I will say is that he hit a few drum fills spot on that only true BR nerds could appreciate. Like the one loud strike during The Handshake after the line "there is restrained passion..." Also Pete's kinda weird fill during the solo of I Want To Conquer the World. Brooks sometimes wouldn't do these and it was nice to hear them done accurately after air drumming along to those records for the better part of my adult life. :)
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 03:28
There should be more of these review type things.
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 06:05
He must have been off that night because he played fast as fuck last night (and all 5 times I've seen them since he joined). I had no complaints about the show other than that they organized the set list so that they played all the poppier hits up until the end, then they started playing the old school shit. After seeing them 11 times I don't get a whole lot out of seeing them play songs like Los Angles is Burning and Stranger Than Fiction. 

Side note: The Lawrence Arms put on a hell of a set
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 06:36
Originally posted by Chainofslowdecay Chainofslowdecay wrote:

Thanks! 

One positive thing about Jamie I will say is that he hit a few drum fills spot on that only true BR nerds could appreciate. Like the one loud strike during The Handshake after the line "there is restrained passion..." Also Pete's kinda weird fill during the solo of I Want To Conquer the World. Brooks sometimes wouldn't do these and it was nice to hear them done accurately after air drumming along to those records for the better part of my adult life. :)

That's such a specific and small detail that I love about The Handshake. Now I have to go listen to it.

I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic