Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 TKAAR + TPROM - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "If you think you've got it made, just revel in your selfish ways, 'cuz when the world stops turning so will you!" - When?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TKAAR + TPROM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TKAAR + TPROM
    Posted: 08/20/2019 at 13:57
Seing those two releases as digital only is such a shame.
Both songs really grew on me + even the artwork is great! (Maybe even more appealing than the one we finally got in AOU)
Sucks that there wont be a 12inch Single :(

"with nothing better to do"
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2019 at 06:24
They are both on my CD version of AOU :) 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2019 at 11:59
Could do without them.
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 13:08
Without having read all of the recent Interviews, has it ever come up why they Switched production to Carlos de la Garza?

Coming from his Wiki he has been drumming for reel big fish for a couple of years and did some producing for epitaph..
LV97 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 16:14
They are on my CD too.
Track 14 is actually What tomorrow brings + The kids are alt-right (as old style hidden tracks), though The kids are alt-right is not mentionned on the back of the CD.
Track 15 is The profane rights of Man written on the back of the CD as a bonus.

I could be wrong about this but I feel like the reason why they are there as bonus might be that they weren't recorded with the rest of the album. In addition to poor reception, The kids are alt-right doesn't sound like any other BR material to me. And The profane rights of Man sounds to me like a leftover of True North more than an Age of unreason track.
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 15:00
Originally posted by LV97 LV97 wrote:

The kids are alt-right doesn't sound like any other BR material to me.

It somehow does remind me of lose as directed.. and talking aboit losing, i have the same feeling with lose your head.
I like it (Not the best pick for live renditions) but it still doesnt feel br to me..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZDnNJf9YE

Suddenly it Sounds "right"
LV97 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2019 at 07:41
Amusing, still doesn't make me enjoy "Lose your head" much more. I mean this song is ok, but not a top BR song.

Also just in case this would be misunderstood, when I say "doesn't sound like any other BR material to me." I don't mean that BR should always do the same kind of material*, just that this song sounds different than the rest of their productions.
I actually tend to consider Greg Graffin's solo albums (and especially American lesion as part of BR discography, which some would probably argue they are not BR albums. I'm not so sure if I consider Brett's side projects as something-BR.
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic