Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 thebrpage Suffer Acoustic Album - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 16
Quote of the day: "It's superficial progress, they call it liberation" - Part II (The Numbers Game)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thebrpage Suffer Acoustic Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HomerSapien View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomerSapien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 15:29
The way we gain exposure is getting the word out by sending the link to people, posting it on websites and blogs, and by telling people about it. I have many friends and family who'd be interested in listening to or downloading this who don't listen to Bad Religion, people who wouldn't put down $5 for it. If somebody doesn't want to pay anything for it, then who cares? If anything I'd be happier with that because it means somebody who wouldn't normally download this has my music on their computer. If they choose to not donate, that's on them not on us.

I have no idea why it doesn't make sense to you.

But yeah I like the album a lot and everybody did a good job on it.
One Nation Under God: One man against a nation
Daveandmighty View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveandmighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 15:50

hi,

good job everyone on the album.

we didn't want to be part of it, 'cause we're not into acoustic covers - but of course we like a lonely christmas evening on the campfire and that's why we did this:

https://soundcloud.com/daveandmighty/1000morefools

cheers,

dave & mighty

frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 15:58
we did the same thing last year, and after time has passed, posted the link for free anyways. so there's that.
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
simian View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 16:01
Exposure? Is someone trying to get famous from being on this tribute album? Damn, dude, if you want someone to have it for free just give it to them. It's not like the RIAA's gonna come after your ass for it.
“As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
HomerSapien View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomerSapien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 16:23
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

we did the same thing last year, and after time has passed, posted the link for free anyways. so there's that.

Forgot about that! Instead of just posting it free, you could just switch it to pay what you want so some money will still be generated afterwards. Unless that's what you did last time, I don't know.

Originally posted by simian simian wrote:

Exposure? Is someone trying to get famous from being on this tribute album? Damn, dude, if you want someone to have it for free just give it to them. It's not like the RIAA's gonna come after your ass for it.

Putting words into people's mouths sure is fun, isn't it?

Exposure of this album means more exposure and more possible donations to the charity. Shit man, do you honestly think my main concern here is getting famous from an acoustic tribute album?

But anyway, sorry for putting a damper on all of this. I like the album a lot and I'm proud of the work I've put in to it, and everybody else should be as well! I just want to try and maximize the potential of it, just as other tribute albums have done so in the past.

Edited by HomerSapien - 11/09/2013 at 16:26
One Nation Under God: One man against a nation
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 17:00
basically the same concept just didnt use bandcamp.
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
simian View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 17:41
:/
“As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 18:02
Originally posted by Daveandmighty Daveandmighty wrote:

hi,

good job everyone on the album.

we didn't want to be part of it, 'cause we're not into acoustic covers - but of course we like a lonely christmas evening on the campfire and that's why we did this:

https://soundcloud.com/daveandmighty/1000morefools

cheers,

dave & mighty

Sounds like the theme for a video game.

Nice, though! You guys are an appreciated presence in the online BR community.
Metmass View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 18:09
We clearly need to do more of these :)
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 18:34
Originally posted by Metmass Metmass wrote:

We clearly need to do more of these :)
No Control Next!
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
lostinthemasses View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostinthemasses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 18:58
How about Into the Unknown next?
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 19:07
If we ever do an ATG one, I call dibs on track 6.
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
DuReX View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuReX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 01:07
Originally posted by lostinthemasses lostinthemasses wrote:

How about Into the Unknown next?
This.
And 80-85.
SPORK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPORK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 01:21
i really enjoyed the album. great job,guise!! hope everyone had a good brday!
I'm not going to stop the wheel
I'm going to break the wheel
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 01:53
2013: 25th anniversary of Suffer
2014: 25th anniversary of No Control
2015: 25th anniversary of Against The Grain

So in my opinion, the next one would be No Control...
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 02:00
Also, talking about exposure... On Facebook our post on the acoustic album reached almost 24000 people. Yet only a couple of hundred actually clicked the link to band camp or played the songs embedded on FB :(
BFY View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 04:21
Must the next one be acoustic? Maybe a "no-electric guitar" one, with syntherzisers, piano and other instruments?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 04:26
That's fine I mean a few of these suffer songs had percussion and what not.   In the end its alwaus easier to ask a guy/gal with no gear or band to turn over a song than it is to do an entire band recording with people which is great too.

Something to think about if this no control thing is in the cards next year. Between now and then we can back track and start to get those early br songs too
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 07:14
The next one should have several different styles.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 10:55
I call dibs on the #!!!!#!#!#!!#!}**#!#!# part
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic