Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 #metoo - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "Don't tell me about the answer 'cause then another one will come along soon." - The Answer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#metoo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
notciv View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #metoo
    Posted: 02/23/2020 at 07:37
Thoughts punks.
--------
My best shout
503ed...
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2020 at 10:21
I’m sure there are valid complaints out there, but I think it is getting too extreme. People are getting fired over touching someone’s back/shoulder. I’m from an older generation when we tolerated more (and I’m not saying we should have tolerated it) so it is hard for me to understand.
notciv View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2020 at 14:48
I understand what you are saying leeps. When I hashtagged me too yesterday for the first time it was to gain support/energy for a serious series of crimes by a man 3 years ago. I agree that I was taken aback somewhat by #metoo hashtags that talked about kissing cousins. I don't want to judge these people and I do understand them but I want Justice on my case. Short of being the Canadian who blockades railways for a cause, no harm in talking.

The trauma from serious assaults is so intense that boundaries get blitzed then strengthened far far away from yourself and those boundaries are physical but fluid. Touch my shoulder at your own risk! we all need an arm length of space between each other in this lovely sardine can of humanity.
--------
My best shout
503ed...
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2020 at 15:45
Originally posted by Leeps Leeps wrote:

I’m sure there are valid complaints out there, but I think it is getting too extreme. People are getting fired over touching someone’s back/shoulder.

I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 07:50
Banjo, David Silverman’s termination from atheist alliance international was for touching someone’s back at a party.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 08:22

Banjo, David Silverman’s termination from atheist alliance international was for touching someone’s back at a party.

No it wasn't:

(TW: Sexual Assault) http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/peteraldhous/david-silverman-atheist-fired-sexual-misconduct
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 08:44
Yes it was. What do you claim he did?
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 08:52
That article is not about his termination from AAI.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 09:21

That article is not about his termination from AAI.

Ah, sorry, there seems to be several for that person.

I've looked into the more recent one. He resigned before an investigation could be completed. He wasn't fired.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 09:35
Ok.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 09:37
The allegation that was made that resulted in his being placed on leave was touching someone’s back at a party.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 09:53

The allegation that was made that resulted in his being placed on leave was touching someone’s back at a party.

Are you sure? It wasn't the shoulder, it was the small of her back. He then harassed her afterwards via text messages.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 09:56
I’m sure. Touching her back is why he was put on leave and ‘investigated”.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 10:05

I’m sure. Touching her back is why he was put on leave and ‘investigated”.

I don't want anyone touching the small of my back. It wasn't an accident. It's creepy and not ok, especially when it's someone who was not long ago fired for sexual assault. He's getting no plausible deniability from me.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 10:10
Ok, well that’s what I’m talking about. I don’t give a shit if someone touches my back unless they keep doing it after I say to stop. It might be a generation difference, I don’t know. I am Dave’s age. I just don’t see this as a reason to be investigated. I feel like the whole thing has gone too far and frankly it turns me off of the movement. That’s my opinion.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 11:48
"Victims should stop reporting harassment because if they do it'll just put me off supporting victims" is a poor take and awful narrative. I hadn't heard anything about that guy until you mentioned him and going by his history of sexual assault he seems like a real piece of work. #MeToo is long overdue.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 11:50
If you think it’s harassment to have your back touched, then that’s a difference between you and me.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 13:26

If you think it’s harassment to have your back touched, then that’s a difference between you and me.

It wasn't just touching her. He told her that if she spoke about it then it would be his suicide. That's not normal behaviour. That's abuse and harassment.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Leeps View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 13:46
She should be able to speak about it, but why would she? It was HER BACK. I personally wouldn’t find it noteworthy, but that’s me.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 14:42
Now i'm 37. And i ... i don't want to hurt anyone, all right !
I can talk about my personal experience so i will tell about the polish womens.
i had couple bad situations with polish womens.
Like the ladys at the job who was saying bad things to me and i couldn't do anything. 
Polish womens can be like Alexis from Dynasty.
They're lie and manipulate to take revenge on the guy.

For the record - i would never ever molesting  any woman ! ! !
And #metoo at the start was something really , really good. 
But now there are couple of womens who's just lieing using the action
to take revenge on ex - boyfriend, ex - husband or the colleague.
That's why #metoo stopped being something cool.

People just overdo with #metoo.

You Asked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic