Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Ask Jay 2020 - Electric Boogaloo - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "As we outwardly deny that they have something to say, and if we don't confront them they will never go away" - Tiny Voices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ask Jay 2020 - Electric Boogaloo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2020 at 16:57
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Somehow i cannot put into words correctly what i am trying to say, so i just sound like an asshole. Sorry.

Well the first step is admitting it.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2020 at 17:50
Well how do you know most rapes go unreported if they are unreported? And the percentage really is alarming. No denying it. And if saying that makes me racist, then eating salad must make me vegetarian.

Edited by coop - 06/07/2020 at 17:58
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2020 at 23:40
"with nothing better to do"
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 02:13
If only jay would arrive with all the ansvers.
friteman View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 03:47

or Brian!
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 05:28
Originally posted by friteman friteman wrote:

or Brian!

Oh yes!
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 05:30
Hey Jay! Do you like True North the album?
And what was the reasoning behind decision to limit yourseves to under 3 minute songs?

Edited by coop - 06/08/2020 at 05:35
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 06:55
Jay what’s the weirdest thing you’ve caught another band member doing?
simian View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 08:51
Jay, is this thing on? *taps mic*
“As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2020 at 10:22
Jay, i am your father.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2020 at 13:13
You're like 43. Jay is like aaa... aaa...  six years younger (??) than my dad.
Now that would be weird.

Coop is an evil genius ( he invent the sticks for nordic walking ) so it's possible.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2020 at 13:20
Mr Bentley, would you appear in the tv commercial?? Ok ok, like in the commercial for some
charity organisation.
hetson87 View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hetson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2020 at 01:31
The last thing Jay wrote in this forum was "the two things we have no control over are yesterday and tomorrow. yesterday is gone, it's mistakes and problems are history, we don't live in the past. tomorrow is a dream, an illusion of what may be, the hazy possibilities of "what if?", we don't live in a dream ... but today, today we CAN control. even if for only THIS HOUR or THIS MINUTE, we can ask that higher power to return us to sanity for just this moment... we can make that decision right now, and every right... View Post" on 5th Jan 2015. 

There can´t come anything better than this. Just the sincere answer to coop´s question about True North would be insane.
formalino View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formalino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2020 at 22:32
Jay, i'd like you to speak your truth, it'd be a good thing for these times. Realisation about higher powers come usually when we're at our darkest, as if being exposed to it, reveals the power of light in it's most bright. That's why epic stories move us so much. They're about the power of humanity to overcome its demons. And that's why we love "epic" BR songs so much ( at least for myself).

Edited by formalino - 06/26/2020 at 05:34
formalino View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formalino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 07:37
To keep in line with the thread. Any insight about why you changed the lyrics of the first verse of "Sinister Rouge" in the live version? "Hundreds of years, thousands of lives, sowing the seeds of bleach and lye" Instead of "Centuries weighed, authority died, scattering seeds of bleach and lye" ,or maybe it belongs to an ask Greg thread.

Edit for grammar.
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 08:43
It’s actually “centuries waned, authority died, scattering seeds of ancient lies”. I think the other version is just Greg forgetting the lyrics and ad libbing.
formalino View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formalino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 09:46
Originally posted by Robo Pilgrim Robo Pilgrim wrote:

It’s actually “centuries waned, authority died, scattering seeds of ancient lies”. I think the other version is just Greg forgetting the lyrics and ad libbing.

You're right, thnks, i just heard the live version at hellfest and noticed it was changed (i don't think it was ad-lib, sounded preconcieved to me) so i checked lyrics online and that's what i quoted. Still my question stands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic