Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 New Bad Religion songs in July/August 2020... - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "As we outwardly deny that they have something to say, and if we don't confront them they will never go away" - Tiny Voices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Bad Religion songs in July/August 2020...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 04:09
Originally posted by ocotes ocotes wrote:

It's about time to release Lost Pilgrim with piano

Why release the album version again?
formalino View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formalino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 08:34
How about remixing that album? They could have a full orchestra behind and i wouldn't know
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 08:46
Originally posted by Priesterseminar Priesterseminar wrote:

#coolpeoplelifesmatter
+
#keeppersonalpoliticsoutofnewbadreligionsongsinjuly/aufust2020thread

F. . .k   PiS   =   President Trzaskowski ! ! !    ;)   ;)   :p  (   joke icon needed  )
noparadigm View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noparadigm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2020 at 06:48
Is it just me or does the "long-time" in "but long-time Bad Religion fans will be stoked!" clearly confirm that it's not NEW songs, but old(er) songs? Otherwise it wouldn't matter for how long you've been a fan.

I mean, this is not the year 2000 when you could have argued that new songs could finally be a return to form that long-time fans have been asking for and would appreciate more than newer fans.

Either way, I'm super stoked!
Music of the almost extinct Bad Religion School of Punk: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utopia-Now/374050797107?ref=ts
BrandonSideleau View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonSideleau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 04:35
All evidence so far suggests the songs are indeed NEW. Either outtakes from AOU or completely new recordings. I'm gonna guess completely new recordings, given that Brett was in the studio regarding backing vocals. 
"Who is the animal? Who is that dangerous beast?"
noparadigm View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noparadigm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 08:22
I need news!!! Damn, I only get this excited once every... far too many years, whenever a new BR record is on the horizon. Only this time, it's totally out of the blue, so the excitement is even bigger. Although I'm telling myself that whatever is coming likely isn't worth the high blood pressure since it's probably nothing compared to a new album...
Music of the almost extinct Bad Religion School of Punk: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utopia-Now/374050797107?ref=ts
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 10:52
Excitement is most often followed by dissappointment so i keep my feet on the ground on this one.. 
The info we have so far is too inconclusive, could be anything.. on the other hand we can be happy about anything as well ;)
Just hope there will be something physical and not download only
"with nothing better to do"
ComicSans View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
Taper of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComicSans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 12:46
Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

My other favourite band (the Mountain Goats) also released their 17th album like a week before BR released Age of Unreason. Since then they've recorded two more albums... 

the Mountain Goats? I guess you're lyrics guy, then LOL.

This is a good point, but I think it's also worth pointing out that one of those albums was written/recorded by a single person on a boombox (and it's awesome!) specifically to offset the losses the band and crew suffered from a canceled tour. John Darnielle is awesome.
hetson87 View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hetson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 02:39
I think some of you already read it, but Brett twittered 11 hours ago: "Excited to share something a little different from Bad Religion tomorrow"

One user commented "I hope it is the rest of ´Blenderhead´". Laughed out so hard
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 04:02
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 04:57
He was right that was different.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 05:26
Interesting version. Too bad bad faith alone is one of the br songs i just can't listen (+television and sanity). It is just so boring somehow.
Will there be more of these?

Edited by coop - 08/06/2020 at 07:14
Alice View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 07:00
It's certainly not my thing. I find it almost jarring. There's piano, strings, a guitar solo, and they almost sound like synth drums. 

I like the cover art though.  

Holding out for a new version of News from the Front. 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 07:14
Back to the unknown confirmed.
Alice View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 07:31
Back to the (unknown) future? 
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 07:32
What aaa ... ! ! ! 

It's Super - all right ! :)

Nowadays i'm more into Age of Unreason. Sorry.

One of my favourite songs from the back days.

I'm turning into old grandpa now so i like  all the "Beatles" Songs. ;)

No Jay, Only Brett and Greg was recording ??? The ending with 3 voices in the end is... not good, sorry.
the ending in the original version was a way better.

Alice is right about the drums. Who was the drummer??? Assuming that it's not the "synth drums".
 ( Looks like BRooks kinda guy ! )

The Piano can be Greg's.

It's Super ! I really like it  :)  ! 

Aaaaand we have the radio hit   ;)   ???

hetson87 View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hetson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 09:58
Hopefully they release it on Vinyl and the B-Side will be Unacceptable as a classic version too. 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 10:59
On many many many colored vinyls.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 11:02
the artwork is beautiful.
faith alone never really clicked for me.. something more upredictable like blenderhead would have been Incredible, but lets wait what happens next.

i like this one better than the acoustic take..
feels very american lesion like..

i like the ending, maybe its just me but could it be that those echoing back vocals are taken from the ATG original? a Duett between present graffin and past graffin? very artsy
"with nothing better to do"
LV97 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 11:52
Is there a way to download this in FLAC format AND without buying from Apple ?
https://badreligion.ffm.to/faithalone2020
Or will it be released on CD ?

I don't see if in the "Official store", though it mentionned on this page... Maybe because the "Official store redirects me to the EU page, which often has different/less offeurs than the US one ...
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic