Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 New Bad Religion songs in July/August 2020... - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 4
Quote of the day: "Yeah you waste your time with losers if you get stuck in a rock-n-roll band." - What Can You Do?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Bad Religion songs in July/August 2020...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
LV97 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 11:54
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 18:15
As someone said in the other thread, it sounds like the New Maps deluxe songs.

I like it but...I dunno...it's just Faith Alone with some different stuff in the background.
Joe1553 View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2020 at 02:36
I rarely post and have been listening to the band for 25 years and I have been coming to this page since the Tierranet days, and I love this version of Faith Alone! I think this is the best acoustic/non-punk version of a BR song the band has ever done. It’s clear how much effort was put in to recompose this. In fact, I was not a big fan of the original version of Faith Alone, and I can’t stop listening to this version. I’d be very excited if the band has re-recorded more songs this way.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2020 at 16:13
Ssses are very sibilant, atleast on the youtube version. I don't know if sibilant is the word.
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2020 at 18:04
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Ssses are very sibilant, atleast on the youtube version. I don't know if sibilant is the word.

I think some more reverb on the vocals would fit this version well. 

Also, after that epic pick slide it was kind of a boring guitar solo. They should have had Baker channel his inner Junkyard and do some sort of Monster Ballad solo, would have worked here. 

Overall a pretty good reboot. I think the AL version of Cease is the gold standard of "other" versions of BR songs; Faith Alone isn't quite to that level IMO. Skyscraper and Dearly Beloved are pretty good too. 

Edited by Chainofslowdecay - 08/07/2020 at 18:07
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2020 at 06:15
So.. whats next?
Guess we are in for a couple more piano re-recordings and thats it?
"with nothing better to do"
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2020 at 06:18
I think we will have four more years of "protest songs"
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2020 at 12:48
 Hmmm... if that's it  then   i'm O.K.

The band is alive and doing something and that's Cool.

What is not OK,  that  Jay and Brian are  -  what's that word  -  excluded ( ?? ) and are not
 participating in the project.

Well, it's not my kind of music  but it's good and i like it.

If they make
something different in the next songs they can put out 14 of them
 and i'm gonna be happy.

The song is cool.

ComicSans View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
Taper of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComicSans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2020 at 14:17
I find I'm listening over and over (like always). Really seems like a lot of the latter-day releases are slow burners that nevertheless really grow on me.
hetson87 View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hetson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2020 at 05:00
I didn´t wanted to open a new topic for it, but this passage People Magezine´s interview with Greg Graffin is worth to quote it in this thread:

Anything else coming up for you or the band?

We've been working on some music, just as we're socially distant from each other; each of us has home recording studios. I always write music acoustically. There's a lot of that coming out. In terms of big releases, the main thing is the book and then hopefully getting out there and honoring all the tickets we sold in 2020.

Edited by hetson87 - 08/18/2020 at 05:36
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2020 at 08:03
Thanks for sharing :)
 Curious what  this means: "There's a lot of that coming out. " 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2020 at 10:52
 "There's a lot of that coming out. " A quote from greg's infamous webcam session?
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2020 at 17:47
Those contemporary release policies are confusing 
noparadigm View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noparadigm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 01:10
What I take away from this, mainly, is that, as suspected, there's no new surprise BR album coming out and probably no new punk rock songs tunes but only acoustic material - be it new songs or rehashed old songs. I think that's kinda in line with the announcement at the root of this thread. 
Music of the almost extinct Bad Religion School of Punk: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utopia-Now/374050797107?ref=ts
ocotes View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 12:42
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 03:55
What songs would you like to hear in a new 2020 version?
What songs do you expect?

I am looking forward to anything unexpected.. news from the front might be among them and i look forward to that.. only gonna die, infected or tested would be on the nose  but damn i would love to hear tested getting any sort of revival.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 06:21
Television. Or sanity. The trilogy of awful would be complete.

Edited by coop - 08/27/2020 at 06:29
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 06:31
A piano string version of televison? Dont give them ideas.. actually i would want to hear that (at least once)
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 06:48
Me too actually..
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 08:05
No Cooptroll 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic