Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 No control - Acoustic tribute album - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "We're one nation under God, we stand above the rest, with mighty high technology, we're never second best" - Part II (The Numbers Game)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No control - Acoustic tribute album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
sad View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 11:15
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

Originally posted by sad sad wrote:

Remaining Songs 

Big Bang
Sometimes I Feel LIke
Henchman
Progress
The World Won't Stop

Hi frod79. I'm more of a lurker in here, but I'd like to participate with a version for Henchman. Is it still available? 
someone on facebook actually called dibs on this earlier than you, so i have to be honest abe here and give it to them.  Would there be another song you'd want to do?

"Sometimes I Feel LIke" would be cool too.  
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 11:44

Remaining Songs 

Big Bang
Sometimes I Feel LIke
Henchman
Progress
The World Won't Stop

Hi frod79. I'm more of a lurker in here, but I'd like to participate with a version for Henchman. Is it still available? 
someone on facebook actually called dibs on this earlier than you, so i have to be honest abe here and give it to them.  Would there be another song you'd want to do?

"Sometimes I Feel LIke" would be cool too.  
All yours! thanks for understanding.
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 11:46
[deleted] see final list further below!

Edited by frod79 - 09/03/2020 at 16:14
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 11:49
Never heard "sometimes i feel like". Is it on some deluxe edition version?
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 12:40
"Sometimes i feel like sad" is a great title
"with nothing better to do"
sad View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 12:42
Originally posted by Priesterseminar Priesterseminar wrote:

"Sometimes i feel like sad" is a great title

haha. I'll try to use the right title and lyrics... 
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 12:50
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

ive seen 'sometimes i feel like' and 'sometimes it feels like' on different versions. i just copied/pasted a quick list of songs from somewhere.
sad View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 13:01
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

No i'm confused...
HappyHuman View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 15:40
Hi all, 

Long time no speak.

Can I please take 'The World Won't Stop'? 

frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 17:13
Originally posted by HappyHuman HappyHuman wrote:

Hi all, 

Long time no speak.

Can I please take 'The World Won't Stop'? 

Absolutely. It's all yours
ikillkenny View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikillkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 19:20
I first got No Control over some file sharing service and it was missing The World Won't Stop. I've never grown to like that song and feel the album is better without it.
-Mike, Former Host of the Bad Religion Podcast
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 21:57
So far This is Everyone.  I've reached out to just about everyone for add'l info (i.e. how you want to be presented as, band info)   I'm setting a deadline of 10/30 which is a week before BR Day and gives me a week to take 5 minutes to organize the songs, but hope everyone gets them in earlier 

Change of Ideas Paul "Wakko" Jackson (UK)
Big Bang Falling By The Wayside (USA)
No Control Smoked Solid Dairy  (USA)
Sometimes It Feels Like... sad (BRPage)  (Brazil) 
Automatic Man Emily Davis  (USA)
I Want to Conquer the World Plan Minimum (Poland)
Sanity John Zackarias (Harbortown) (Sweden)
Henchman Billy D  (USA)
It Must Look Pretty Appealing  - Barking Carnies  (USA)
You We Are Apes, Hello! (USA)
Progress Sebastian Paredes (Chile)
I Want Something More ChainofSlowDecay 
Anxiety Teething Veils (USA)
Billy Torbar  (Internets) 
The World Won't Stop The Happy Human (UK)

Edited by frod79 - 09/02/2020 at 22:24
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 10:25
I'm so excited about this!
I'll probably get started on this next week, but I've already made some plans for arrangements, guitar tracks, harmonies etc. Can't wait to hear what the other songs will be like too.
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 11:03
Does anyone recall who designed the cover? that last one was pretty sweet. Im also willing to pay something or give an amazon gift card  I had an idea that i mocked up on photoshop and it was looking horrible and i trashed it. but maybe someone that's more of a pro can step in 

Edit. i think it was HomerSapien but do not know where he is these days

Edited by frod79 - 09/02/2020 at 11:24
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 05:28
Here's something I made just for the fun of it. Why does it look like shit, you may ask? Well, because I'm terrible at Photoshop and I made it in Paint. We should get someone with actual artistic skills to make something better.

frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 06:53
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

Here's something I made just for the fun of it. Why does it look like shit, you may ask? Well, because I'm terrible at Photoshop and I made it in Paint. We should get someone with actual artistic skills to make something better.

ha, thats actually pretty simple and  cool - i'll start on photoshop with this and see if i can improve

my idea had a guitar with the back image of the colored 'blocks' (band member faces) making up its pieces but i cant get it right.  i might just go with something like this and build on it and copy the back liner notes  in the same style as the album for all the info related to this

Edited by frod79 - 09/03/2020 at 07:42
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 07:44
Maybe the crossbuster should be the O in "Control", so it stands out more. Provided a scenario where we actually go for something like this. The guitar is a good idea, ties into the Suffer tribute project!
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 14:34
will there be a limited run on Vinyl? ;)
i would have bought the suffer Tribute without a glimpse of a second thought if there was an actual physical release!!
"with nothing better to do"
Wakko View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wakko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 15:10
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (Had an account but forgot my password so had to create this new one), track 1 contributor and also happen to be a printer/graphic designer.

Took Harbortown's idea, ran with it and quickly mocked up an idea. The closest font I have to the No Control typeface is "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold" which is pretty close, if this is of any help to anyone for their cover ideas/mock-ups.

The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 16:02
Bro. That is fucking dope
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic