Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 No control - Acoustic tribute album - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 4
Quote of the day: "We're one nation under God, we stand above the rest, with mighty high technology, we're never second best" - Part II (The Numbers Game)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No control - Acoustic tribute album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 16:16
Originally posted by Wakko Wakko wrote:

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (Had an account but forgot my password so had to create this new one), track 1 contributor and also happen to be a printer/graphic designer.

Took Harbortown's idea, ran with it and quickly mocked up an idea. The closest font I have to the No Control typeface is "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold" which is pretty close, if this is of any help to anyone for their cover ideas/mock-ups.

thanks so much! im guessing the album lyric/liner note font is something standard, if you happen to know, let me know which font it is. i'll be looking for it myself as well. it looks like a monotype font but trying to get the right one.

Edited by frod79 - 09/04/2020 at 08:23
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 17:33

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker (Had an account but forgot my password so had to create this new one), track 1 contributor and also happen to be a printer/graphic designer.

Took Harbortown's idea, ran with it and quickly mocked up an idea. The closest font I have to the No Control typeface is "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold" which is pretty close, if this is of any help to anyone for their cover ideas/mock-ups.

With a Cover like that i'll preorder right now!!! 
"with nothing better to do"
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 23:35
(The BR Page thing in the middle is just a watermark) 

Edited by frod79 - 09/03/2020 at 23:59
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2020 at 09:36
I think that right there might be the one. We've got some creative people in this community for sure.
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Wakko View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wakko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2020 at 16:01
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

thanks so much! im guessing the album lyric/liner note font is something standard, if you happen to know, let me know which font it is. i'll be looking for it myself as well. it looks like a monotype font but trying to get the right one.

The closest match I have is Letter Gothic MT, and it's very close.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2020 at 16:20

The closest match I have is Letter Gothic MT, and it's very close.
looks close enough! i'll use it and just find and replace all apostrophes with the degree symbols they used.  i dont know how that would have been done in 89 but that should do the trick for me.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2020 at 21:18
.. and here is the "back" (not final and excluding thank yous until later)

Pizarrock View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizarrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 03:01

This looks GREAT!!! 

Just a little correction about us! (We Are Apes, Hello!):

We are not from the USA, but from the Basque Country! 
Also a link to our bandcamp instead facebook page would be great, weareapeshello/bandcamp.com

Thank you so much!! :)
We Are Apes, Hello!
https://weareapeshello.bandcamp.com/releases
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 06:45
You can add my soundcloud if you'd like, @johnzackarias
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 06:59
Originally posted by Pizarrock Pizarrock wrote:

This looks GREAT!!! 

Just a little correction about us! (We Are Apes, Hello!):

We are not from the USA, but from the Basque Country! 
Also a link to our bandcamp instead facebook page would be great, weareapeshello/bandcamp.com

Thank you so much!! :)
duly noted, might have mixed it up with one of the others. i'll get that corrected
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 07:00
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

You can add my soundcloud if you'd like, @johnzackarias
will do!
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 07:17
Man I'm so fucking hyped! It says a lot about this community (including the FB page) how quickly this all comes together. We won't have any problems doing the same thing for an Against the Grain tribute. Maybe about a year from now?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 07:37
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

Man I'm so fucking hyped! It says a lot about this community (including the FB page) how quickly this all comes together. We won't have any problems doing the same thing for an Against the Grain tribute. Maybe about a year from now?

for musical collabs like this im usually a go, i dont have the same time/investment/health for the larger overall brday stuff like i did in the past, but im going to get through it this year. took off the day after and before just for my own mental health as well - a good excuse for a mini vacation from work.

Edited by frod79 - 09/05/2020 at 12:23
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 18:50
Worked with my wife on this today. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away we both played in bands, that is how we met. But we have never collaborated musically. We have the arrangement and style down. Necessary recording gear arriving next week, and then we will start getting it on tape, or at least it's less romantic 21st Century cousin, "SD card". Excited, should be fun. 
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 21:51
Originally posted by Chainofslowdecay Chainofslowdecay wrote:

Worked with my wife on this today. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away we both played in bands, that is how we met. But we have never collaborated musically. We have the arrangement and style down. Necessary recording gear arriving next week, and then we will start getting it on tape, or at least it's less romantic 21st Century cousin, "SD card". Excited, should be fun. 

sounds good! music the great uniter.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 21:50
Hey all, I dont know if all of us here follow the FB group discussion, Im assuming we all do, but I am throwing it out there to anyone that's also pitching in on the No Control tribute

If you want to do your own half hour set of originals/BR songs (video/pre-recorded set) or live, get in touch with me

I just received the first set of songs from Paula (the woman who did the Sowing the seeds cover previously mentioned)  and i was so happy with how it came out. 
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 04:19
are here recordings available to the public yet? FB group is great and all, but very easy to miss stuff between the occasional spam...
"with nothing better to do"
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 11:19
so far i only got one recording for BR day and one song from the cover tribute.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 13:43
You set a deadline at a week before BR day, right? When is that?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 14:41
11/7 is BR Day (saturday), set deadline 10/30 (Friday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic