Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 No control - Acoustic tribute album - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "We're one nation under God, we stand above the rest, with mighty high technology, we're never second best" - Part II (The Numbers Game)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No control - Acoustic tribute album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No control - Acoustic tribute album
    Posted: 08/25/2020 at 05:03
Several years ago this forum came together and organized an acoustic Suffer tribute album which I thought was really cool. Why didn't we continue? Maybe there was some discussion about it but I'm too lazy to find out. 

Is there any interest among you guys in doing the same thing with No Control? I'd be willing to contribute, and I'm sure other users would be too.

Edit: Looks like we've got a full list. Thank you frod79 for helping me organize this!

Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

So far This is Everyone.  I've reached out to just about everyone for add'l info (i.e. how you want to be presented as, band info)   I'm setting a deadline of 10/30 which is a week before BR Day and gives me a week to take 5 minutes to organize the songs, but hope everyone gets them in quickly.  

Change of Ideas Paul Jackson (USA)
Big Bang Falling By The Wayside (USA)
No Control Smoked Solid Dairy  (USA)
Sometimes I Feel Like sad (BRPage)  (Brazil) 
Automatic Man Emily Davis  (USA)
I Want to Conquer the World Metmass (Poland)
Sanity Harbortown (Sweden)
Henchman Christopher Lee Rosa (FB)  (USA)
It Must Look Pretty Appealing  - Barking Carnies  (USA)
You We Are Apes, Hello! (USA)
Progress Sebastian Paredes (Chile)
I Want Something More ChainofSlowDecay 
Anxiety Teething Veils (USA)
Billy Torbar  (Internets) 
The World Won't Stop The Happy Human (UK)

Edited by Harbortown - 09/02/2020 at 03:24
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 07:21
Because of that f word
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 08:04
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

Several years ago this forum came together and organized an acoustic Suffer tribute album which I thought was really cool. Why didn't we continue? Maybe there was some discussion about it but I'm too lazy to find out. 

Is there any interest among you guys in doing the same thing with No Control? I'd be willing to contribute, and I'm sure other users would be too. 

that would be cool - the idea had crossed my mind as well, i think the idea just never gained any traction after the first one, i.e. to continue making these.
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 09:04
Go for it! The suffer acoustic Tribute was fantastic!
"with nothing better to do"
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 10:34
Who here would be willing to contribute?
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 15:46
I used to play an acoustic version of I Want Something More that I thought was pretty good despite that fact I don't have much of a voice. I don't currently have a recording device but am thinking of picking one up this fall. If that actually happens, I'd be down for that song. 
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 19:22
I'd be willing to dust off my bass for any background stuff. im too nasal of a singer lol 
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 07:41
I am willing to cheer you guys on!
"with nothing better to do"
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 11:40
I’m willing to listen and tell you how good it is once it’s done.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
torbar View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 14:27

I'd be willing to dust off my bass for any background stuff. im too nasal of a singer lol 

I have an idea for an acoustic version of Billy if you want to help with that.  Maybe we can get Graffinius to lend his vocals
marvthezombie View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvthezombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 19:00
I do my share of one-man-and-a-guitar that follows the usual acoustic solo motif, I'd love to contribute if this were to get rolling

Here's a sample
https://andydrogynous.bandcamp.com/track/rats
Procreation without gain or purpose/ Languid wills and torped minds/ Catapulted ever faster by the arrow of time/ You take yours and I'll keep mine.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 21:08
Originally posted by torbar torbar wrote:

I have an idea for an acoustic version of Billy if you want to help with that.  Maybe we can get Graffinius to lend his vocals

sure im down
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 21:15
Anyone who is wanting to contribute, start picking out songs!

Change of Ideas Paul Jackson
Big Bang
No Control Crona Aukerman (FB)
Sometimes I Feel Like
Automatic Man
I Want to Conquer the World Metmass
Sanity
Henchman
It Must Look Pretty Appealing  - marvthezombie
You
Progress
I Want Something More - ChainsofSlowDecay
Anxiety - Teething Veils 
Billy - Torbar
The World Won't Stop

Edited by frod79 - 08/30/2020 at 07:10
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 21:24
Not to stop the momentum but being that this is a milestone year, someone on  the facebook BR page group had brought up that an album of title tracks would make a good compilation in itself, given how many albums have self-titled tracks.  Just a thought as well. 

Edited by frod79 - 08/29/2020 at 21:38
dont drop bombs View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dont drop bombs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 23:16
My band would love to record Anxiety, if not already spoken for. Our basic make-up is cello, guitar, piano, and singing. This is what we sound like: https://teethingveils.bandcamp.com/album/canopy-of-crimson
Would it be possible to do this? If so, when would be our deadline?
Thank you for considering us!

frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 23:32
Originally posted by dont drop bombs dont drop bombs wrote:

My band would love to record Anxiety, if not already spoken for. Our basic make-up is cello, guitar, piano, and singing. This is what we sound like: https://teethingveils.bandcamp.com/album/canopy-of-crimson
Would it be possible to do this? If so, when would be our deadline?
Thank you for considering us!

Consider Anxiety Taken by the Teething Veils!

I'll set an arbitrary deadline of 10/30   BR Day is not until Nov 7th
dont drop bombs View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dont drop bombs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 23:34
Thank you! We are ready. Do we know when the deadline is?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 23:47
Originally posted by marvthezombie marvthezombie wrote:

I do my share of one-man-and-a-guitar that follows the usual acoustic solo motif, I'd love to contribute if this were to get rolling

Here's a sample
https://andydrogynous.bandcamp.com/track/rats

pick a song from the album, i'm trying to coordinate everyone's chosen song, by updating the one post i made with the list of songs, 
marvthezombie View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvthezombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 23:58
I'll take It Must Look Pretty Appealing
Procreation without gain or purpose/ Languid wills and torped minds/ Catapulted ever faster by the arrow of time/ You take yours and I'll keep mine.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 00:01
Originally posted by marvthezombie marvthezombie wrote:

I'll take It Must Look Pretty Appealing
youre all set, sir.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic