Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Favourite Song/Least Favourite Album and Vice/Vers - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "Yeah you waste your time with losers if you get stuck in a rock-n-roll band." - What Can You Do?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite Song/Least Favourite Album and Vice/Vers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Song/Least Favourite Album and Vice/Vers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
satanlives View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satanlives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 08:19
Speaking about worst lines, "How do you sleep, there's nothing to keep, this is deep" has made me facepalm when I hear it.
Troubles never go away, They just resurface on another day
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 11:58
Originally posted by satanlives satanlives wrote:

Speaking about worst lines, "How do you sleep, there's nothing to keep, this is deep" has made me facepalm when I hear it.
This.
And also:

I won't lie, 
It's exciting 
When I try 
To decide things.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 18:25
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Originally posted by satanlives satanlives wrote:

This.
And also:

I won't lie, 
It's exciting 
When I try 
To decide things.

At least those have different words rhyming with each other.. not one word rhyming with itself ;)
"with nothing better to do"
Pac View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 13:31
Since I am into No Substance these days, here are what I think are the worst lines in each song:

1. Hear It: "Blanket statements cover you like a rug"
2. Shades Of Truth: "You don’t know I’m alright"
3. All Fantastic Images: "If your only hope is simply peace and love"
4. The Biggest Killer: "Furniture makers, carpenters too"
5. No Substance: "And the fun never ends"
6. Raise Your Voice: "It’s the primary rule, you gotta wanna be fooled"
7. Sowing The Seeds Of Utopia: "The innocence of youth needs protection not abuse"
8. The Hippy Killers: "The hippy killers"!!
9. The State Of The End: "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it"
10. The Voracious March Of Godliness: "And the conquest of nature meant nothing at all"
11. Mediocre Minds: "They wanna keep me locked away ‘Cause I’m an overactive brain"
12. Victims Of The Revolution: "When something is won, it comes with sacrifice"
13. Strange Denial: "Forward is the hope"
14. At The Mercy Of Imbeciles: "What you do is what you are"
15. The Same Person: "You want prosperity, For yourself, but not for me"
16. In So Many Ways: "No one really knows why we die"

But I dont want to sound too negative - there are some gems too on that album, which will be for a future post!
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 15:14
"Furniture makers, carpenters too"
No kidding i would have never guessed which song this was from :)

But to be honest i like most of the lines you quoted
"with nothing better to do"
markust5775 View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markust5775 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 15:36
Originally posted by Pac Pac wrote:

Since I am into No Substance these days, here are what I think are the worst lines in each song:

3. All Fantastic Images: "If your only hope is simply peace and love"

6. Raise Your Voice: "It’s the primary rule, you gotta wanna be fooled"

But I dont want to sound too negative - there are some gems too on that album, which will be for a future post!

there are for sure some gems on No Substance, but yeah.  Raise Your Voice is garbage, and that rhyme is as bad as Mike Ness rhyming cool, school, fool and rules in one of his songs.  Poetry 101.  I generally like the musicality of All Fantastic Images, but "made me stick like glue" and the opening lines about England...hell, the entire song....are what I would expect out of a band just starting out, and certainly not from the same band who brought us, "A misanthropic anthropoid with nothing to say".
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 23:15
Raise Your Voice, lyrically and musically, seems like it would be a perfect fit on New America. Basically the same theme as You've Got a Chance. 

The rest of NS is the usual cynical BR, maybe even a little on the negative, dark end of things. Then there is this goofy rah-rah posi anthem right in the middle of the record. 
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 14:36
Least favorite song on favorite album : The Lie
Favorite song on least favorite album : Don't sell me short.

About No Substance, back in 2006 they played Sowing the Seeds at a show in Quebec City, and it sounded so good.

Otherwise, Hear It and In so Many Ways are pretty much the only ones I listen to from this album. From time to time I catch myself playing the riff from No Substance and it's a fun one, similar to The Fault Line.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic