Print Page | Close Window

Corona and Bad Religion

Printed From: The Bad Religion Page
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Inner Logic
Forum Description: Beware of intelligent debate about politics, environment, religion and philosophy! Enter at your own risk!
URL: https://www.thebrpage.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8879
Printed Date: 08/06/2020 at 18:28
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Corona and Bad Religion
Posted By: King78
Subject: Corona and Bad Religion
Date Posted: 03/24/2020 at 04:15
I'm new as a member so hi everyone!

When I saw the pictures of full beaches in The Netherlands and the rest of the world and a lot of people on other places who are not keeping there social distances I thought of Progress:

I know the songmeaning is otherwise but sure in Dutch these lines are applicable.

All the best for everyone and I hope my friends and I will see Bad Religion in the church Paradiso in Amsterdam on 17-06-2020 but I'm afraid not. 

Nice anecdote: the last time they played there my friends and I were there as well. We stood on the balcony at the left side of the band. I got some beers and had some change left. When I handed out the beers the song they were playing just stopped and as if they were street musicians I threw the change on the stage. Greg Graffin picked up the Dutch Guilders (at that time), looked up at me and asked how much they were worth. Then almost all Paradiso started throwing coins on the stage! Very cool. 

Replies:
Posted By: notciv
Date Posted: 03/24/2020 at 07:28
Cool anecdote.

Thought I'd add a link to progress

https://youtu.be/Ebip2gBRLIk" rel="nofollow - click me here

-------------
--------
My best shout
503ed...

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 02:16
Such a powerful song. Live debut only in 2019? 

Ironically "progress" is the reason of the rapid spread of this virus. Apart from its genetic traits and human behaviour.

Posted By: Marty
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 02:48
Welkom!

As you can see, the forum on our site is not really active anymore; Facebook with its Groups has rendered it pretty much obsolete. That's the reason why most of the fans are now in our own Facebook Group... So if you're on FB, come find us there. www.facebook.com/groups/theBRpage" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/groups/theBRpage

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 03:32
Thank you for the info. I can't post it there because I'm no fb member. I'm quite non social media. At least not active. Sometimes I look at the insta of Jay for the old School BR pictures, and some other.

Posted By: micpal
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 04:28
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Welkom!

As you can see, the forum on our site is not really active anymore; Facebook with its Groups has rendered it pretty much obsolete. That's the reason why most of the fans are now in our own Facebook Group... So if you're on FB, come find us there. www.facebook.com/groups/theBRpage" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/groups/theBRpage

I hope you're going to keep this site alive as long as you can, as it would be a shame to lose it as an archive. Also there's the possibility that some day FB will become obsolete and you're going to need to move on to the next big thing in social media.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 05:29
And also thanks for the "Welkom" :)  by the way!

I also hope that this site will keep on going! It is like the Bad Religion Wiki. So much information. Thank you for that!

Posted By: Marty
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 06:03
Originally posted by King78 King78 wrote:

And also thanks for the "Welkom" :) by the way!
Kleine moeite, groot plezier h
I also hope that this site will keep on going! It is like the Bad Religion Wiki. So much information. Thank you for that!
Don't worry, the site itself isn't going anywhere. 25 years of hard work has gone into it.

Posted By: BFY
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 09:28

And also thanks for the "Welkom" :)  by the way!

Welcome now, son,
To where the work is always done,
And the BR-afficionados are always so ever fed...

-------------
Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending

Posted By: BFY
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 09:30
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Welkom!

rather; Come Join Us!

-------------
Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending

Posted By: coop
Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 11:43
Fuck facebook! This is where the fun is.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 13:48
"Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down" But not for me on facebook ;-)

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 20:02
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Fuck facebook! This is where the fun is.

Hallelujah

-------------
--------
My best shout
503ed...

Date Posted: 03/25/2020 at 20:03

"Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down" But not for me on facebook ;-)

🤘

-------------
--------
My best shout
503ed...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk